Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Blue Mark Studio - Pastries For Your Pooch event

Blue Mark Studio

Monday night I went to the Blue Market Studio for the Pastries for Pooch event.  As I mentioned before I bought the half off depot coupon and only paid around 12.00 for the event.  When I pulled up to the venue, I was surprised to find that it was located in a building that looked like an old church.  We checked in and proceeded downstairs to the basement.  The basement was full of art along the walls.  There were a couple of tables set up with bowls and kitchen equipment that we needed for the event.  There was coffee and cookies for humans to consume while waiting for the event to start.  Some good tunes also played in the back ground.  Jennifer Siegel was the event emcee and she had two male helpers, Shaun and Nate.  (Would like to add they were not bad to look at.)  She mentioned that the owner of the Barking Hound Village was suppose to be a speaker.  Something happened and he cancelled...but, he gave us all a free day of daycare pass!  ( I feel another blog entry coming on)  We sat four to a table and it was more of a work together project.  Two people mixed the Oats & Honey dog Treats while the other two mixed the Peanut Butter Puppers.  The two recipes were not hard at all to follow considering the lack of baking skills that I posses.  The most enjoyable part was rolling out the dough and cutting different shapes.  You will notice by the picture some of the cookies looked a little white in color.  Again, not much of a baker, I had too much flour on my table.  You will have enough dough to take home and store in the freezer.  This is a must do in Atlanta.  I had such a great time and would love to do something like this again.  The owner Bryan came by our table and cut up our Oats & Honey.  He was very nice and charming.  I found out that they have Booty Shakin Bingo once a month and definitely will sign up for that.  Oh, one quick thing to mention is that if your not much of a baker, I would advise you bring an apron.  I had my fair share of flour to dust off.  If you would like any of the recipes, please contact me. 
Ready to mix together (reason for difference in color is some people used molasses and some honey)
Preparation table
Me working hard



Fresh out of the oven (Oats & Honey Dog Treats)


Peanut Butter Puppers dough ball

Rolled out and cookie cut...too much flour...oops

Ready to bake! (Peanut Butter Puppers)


Finished Product!!!Voila!
Bonus treat!

4 comments:

  1. This is Scott from Barking Hound Village and I am so happy to hear the event was such a success. The pics are great!! I had a sick kitty that needed immediate vet attention last night so even though the pups were dissapointed to not have me come home with homemade treats they were excited to hear there is another class coming up on March 28th. Please stop by and see me at our Westside store (720 14th St.) and I will give you a tour of our facility and you can redeem your day of free doggie daycare. I hope to see you and your pup soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cooking class was fantasti;, I am so happy you invited me! This city has such a variety of events, you just have to know where to look. Scott, I hope your kitty is better and thanks for the coupon! -Shannon and BoBo Callahan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this is amazing! As a new puppy owner (English Cream Retriever) I can't wait until she calms down enough to attend an event like this!

    ReplyDelete